But the popularity of their flavor is far from the only reason that dairy-free IsaLean Shakes stand out from the rest.
Reason #1: A Balanced Meal Replacement
For a meal replacement to be effective, it needs to provide a full range of essential nutrients at a calorie level that will support your goals. It’s not uncommon to see products on the market that don’t provide enough nutrition to adequately take the place of a balanced meal, with too few calories, too little protein, and not enough carbohydrate or good fats. Dairy-free IsaLean Shakes offer a balance of energy-fueling carbohydrates, good fats, and high-quality protein in a convenient, 250-calorie package.
Reason #2: High in Plant-based Protein
Getting the right amount of high-quality protein is important for everybody, but especially those looking to lose weight while maintaining lean muscle. A meal should provide 20-30 grams of protein to effectively support lean muscle maintenance (1, 2). Protein is also important for supporting a healthy body weight, since higher protein meals help manage appetite (3, 4).
Many of the shakes available today provide only 10-15 grams of protein per serving. Dairy-free IsaLean Shakes contain a blend of plant proteins with a complete amino acid profile. The Natural Berry Harvest flavor offers 22 grams of protein while Rich Chocolate and Vanilla Chai flavors offer 24 grams of protein.
Reason #3: High in Fiber
Getting the right amount of dietary fiber offers a number of benefits including support for heart health, digestive health, and weight management (5). As part of a meal, fiber slows digestion to provide a steady release of nutrients for better appetite control.
However, many shakes contain only a few grams of fiber per serving, leaving you short on an important nutrient. Dairy-free IsaLean Shakes are an excellent source of fiber and provide 8 grams in each serving from chia seed, flax seed, and other plant-based ingredients.
Reason #4: Free of Top 8 Common Food Allergens
Food allergies have become an increasing challenge for many households. Wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish, and shellfish are the top eight foods linked to severe food allergies. Many of these foods are common ingredients, leaving those who have allergy or other dietary concerns with limited options.
Dairy-free IsaLean Shakes are free of gluten and of all the top eight food allergens. The entirely plant-based ingredients are suitable for many different dietary needs and preferences including those of vegetarians and vegans.
You can find their full ingredient lists here.
Reason #5: No-Compromise Quality
Not every company subjects their products to the rigorous testing that is part of the Isagenix no-compromise policy. As an example, a recent investigation conducted by ConsumerLab.com found that four out of 11 meal replacement products tested were not accurately labeled or had unacceptable levels of contamination with heavy metals.
Our own dairy-free Natural Berry Harvest IsaLean Shake was among the products ConsumerLab.com purchased for an independent evaluation and the product passed testing in every category (6).* The Isagenix dairy-free shake was also the organization’s top pick for the most protein, the most fiber, and was among the lowest in sugar.
The ConsumerLab.com review had this to say about Natural Berry Harvest IsaLean Shake:
“The product in this Review providing the greatest amount of protein per serving is IsAgenix [sic] IsaLean Shake (22 grams — from pea and hemp protein concentrates). It accomplishes this, in part, by also having the largest serving size (61 grams of powder per packet), while serving sizes for other powders tend to be about 25 to 40 grams. It also has the second highest amount of calories (250) per serving and moderate to high amounts of fat (8 grams) and carbohydrates (22 grams) of which 8 grams is fiber — more than any other product.”
In addition, the review pointed out:
“…this product provides the most protein of any of the products in this Review. It also provides fiber, is low in sugar, and offers 250 calories.”
As you can see, Dairy-free IsaLean Shakes are nutrient-dense, balanced meal replacement options that are backed by no-compromise quality standards. You can be confident that you are receiving quality nutrition to support your health, weight-loss, and performance goals with Isagenix dairy-free shakes.
- Leidy HJ, Clifton PM, Astrup A, Wycherley TP, Westerterp-Plantenga MS, Luscombe-Marsh ND, Woods SC, Mattes RD. The role of protein in weight loss and maintenance. Am J Clin Nutr. 2016 Jun;101(6):1320S-9S.
- Longland TM, Oikawa SY, Mitchell CJ, Devries MC, Phillips SM. Higher compared with lower dietary protein during an energy deficit combined with intense exercise promotes greater lean mass gain and fat mass loss: a randomized trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2016 Mar;103(3):738-46.
- Westerterp-Plantenga MS, Nieuwenhuizen A, Tome D, Soenen S, Westerterp KR. Dietary protein, weight loss, and weight maintenance. Ann Rev Nut. 2009;29:21-41.
- Halton TL, Hu FB. The effects of high protein diets on thermogenesis, satiety and weight loss: a critical review. J Am Coll Nutr. 2004 Oct;23(5):373-85.
- Dahl WJ, Stewart ML. Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Health Implications of Dietary Fiber. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015 Nov;115(11):1861
- ConsumerLab.com. Product review: Meal replacements & weight management powders and shakes. 2016 July 26. Available at: https://www.consumerlab.com/news/Meal-replacement-powders-shakes/07_26_2016/.
* Note that Isagenix did not solicit the opportunity to have been picked for evaluation by ConsumerLab.com.