IsaLean® Shakes are nutritious meal replacements on their own, but blending in some of your favorite foods can be a great way to add variety to your Shake Day.
Shake add-ins can contribute to the nutritional profile of your IsaLean Shake and are an effective way to get additional nutrients you may need. However, if your goal is weight loss be mindful of additional calories when adding to your shake.
Here a few common add-ins that are about 50 calories or less.
- ½ medium-sized banana: about 7 grams of sugar and 2 grams of fiber
- ½ tbsp peanut butter: about 4 grams of fat and 2 grams of protein
- 2 tbsp powdered nut butter: about 5 grams of protein and 2 grams of fat
- ½ tbsp almond butter: about 4 grams of fat and 2 grams of protein
- 1 tbsp chia seeds: about 2 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber
- 1 ½ tbsp ground flaxseeds: about 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of fats
- 1 ½ tbsp oats: about 2 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein
- 1 cup strawberries: adds micronutrients and phytonutrients
- 3/4 cups blueberries: adds micronutrients and phytonutrients
- ¾ cup raspberries: adds micronutrients and phytonutrients
- 1 cup kale: about 1 gram of protein and 1 gram fiber, adds micronutrients, and phytonutrients
- 1 cup spinach: about 1 of protein, 1 gram of fiber, adds micronutrients and phytonutrients
- ½ tbsp coconut oil: about 7 grams of fat
If adding in extra calories is not an option for you, then try these low-calorie or calorie-free add-ins for some extra flavor on your Shake Day.
- A few drops mint extract
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Use 8 ounces of iced coffee or iced green tea instead of water to prepare your shake
Use these recommendations on your next Shake Day to help you be mindful of how many calories you are adding into your shake. Enjoy!
United States Department of Agriculture. USDA Food Composition Database. Available at: http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list