by Ina Nozek, DC, MS, CCN
Amazing transformational changes to our health and our body composition are seen with the Isagenix nutritional cleansing and fat burning systems, but every now and then we get “stuck.” Sometimes the weight seems to be coming off too slowly, or compared to other people’s results it doesn’t feel “up to par.”
What I’d like to do is give some tips on how to optimize weight/fat loss results so that you can reach both your health and your weight loss goals. Before you get discouraged, here are a few questions you can ask yourself:
1. Are you drinking enough water? The products do an amazing job at helping your body cleanse away toxins, but it’s your job to flush those impurities out with adequate hydration from pure, plain water. It is extremely important to consume at least eight to 10 full glasses of water each day, as is standard advice. On hot days or if performing physical activity, drink a few ounces more along with the sports drink Want More Energy?® that replenishes lost glycogen, vitamins and electrolytes.
2. Are you moving your bowels well each and every day? Constipation could hinder weight loss results. Rather than carrying around pounds that build up in the colon, regular and complete bowel movements are important in managing your ‘true’ body weight. If necessary, increasing the amount of IsaFlush! (containing magnesium) and fiber that you are taking each day will support regularity. FiberPro and FiberSnacks! can be used to get your required amount of daily fiber, which will certainly support gastrointestinal health.
3. Are you taking in enough or perhaps too many calories? Take a look at the meals and snacks that you consume on your Shake Days. Make sure to follow the program with 400- to 600-calorie meals consisting of whole, natural foods.
4. Are you letting too much time go by between your shakes and your meal and/or snacks? Timing is everything! Your shake or meal should hold your appetite for three to four hours. If there is more time than that between meals, you need to choose a healthy, balanced snack to curb hunger. This will keep your blood sugar stable and prevent your body from slowing your metabolism to conserve energy.
5. What are your food choices? Many of us may be absent-mindedly hindering results by reach for excess sugars and/or starches. Snacking on high-glycemic, low-fiber foods, or having a handful of this or that throughout the day can be enough to slow things down. Be aware of what you are choosing to eat.
6. Are you sleep deprived and/or stressed out? Either of these issues can cause your stress hormones to be out of balance and lead to increased fat storage—especially around the belly. If you are under a lot of stress and/or not sleeping restfully at night, I suggest you double up on your Ionix Supreme. Meditation and light physical activity may also be helpful in restoring your natural rhythms.
7. How often are you cleansing? For some of you, you may be cleansing too often and for others, you may not be cleansing enough. Keep your body guessing! Two consecutive Cleanse Days is the deepest advisable cleanse and the most effective way to burn fat. However, some people may do this too often. In which case, I recommend that you switch things up. Perhaps do double Cleanse Days every other week. Or, you can try one Cleanse Day one week and then a two Cleanse Days the next week. Maybe switch to drinking 1 or 2 ounces daily (“daily cleansing”) for a while instead. Two to four ounces of Cleanse for Life before bed on an empty stomach may be helpful for many people, too. Remember to hydrate well throughout the day whether you are “deep” or “daily cleansing.” The key to all of this is to keep your body guessing by making sure to switch things up!
8. Are your foods settling? Food allergies and sensitivities may be playing a role in slowing weight loss results. Be aware of what foods you are eating and whether or not they are “jiving” with your body. Avoid any obvious foods sensitivities or intolerances.
9. Are you maximizing your meals? If not, consider Vanilla IsaPro! Adding 1 scoop of IsaPro to 1 or 1 ½ scoops of IsaLean shake can be helpful for optimizing your metabolism. And now even easier and more convenient, order Isalean Pro so that it’s already maximized for you! The boost to protein can make a huge difference to anyone with a sluggish metabolism. Extra protein also keeps your appetite satisfied longer and promotes maintenance of muscle, a key element for plateau busting!
10. How many steps do you take every day? Get out there and move! Exercise is so important for our general health and it makes a huge difference in transforming our body composition. Daily exercise increases metabolism naturally as we build muscle. Incorporate strength and resistance training as well as cardio exercise for optimal fat burning results.
11. Are you following the plan? Are you committed to getting the best results? Are your food choices optimal? Are you adding too many extra calories to your shakes and to your snacking? Be honest with yourself. If we are honest with ourselves, sometimes we realize that we could be more committed and disciplined. For some of us, it’s this discipline that makes all of the difference in achieving our goals. Then maintenance becomes a lot easier. Stay strong in order to truly transform your body so that you can look and feel your absolute best!
About the Author
Dr. Ina S. Nozek is a clinical nutritionist; was in private practice from 1987 until 2009; specializing in stubborn weight loss and detoxification. She holds a Master’s Degree in Human Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Sherman College. She and her husband, Dr. Glenn Nozek owned and directed the Lifeline Center for Holistic Health. They were also the co-hosts of a cable TV series entitled, Lifeline; and a radio show entitled, Listen for your health. She and her husband live in Toms River, New Jersey, with their three children, Max, Arielle, and Jake.