When it comes to skin types, no two people have exactly the same. There are those who have dry skin while others are prone to more oily skin. In fact, most people have a combination of the two. The key to proper skincare for all skin types is a system of products that can bring balance to the skin. With our complete Rejuvity Skincare System, you can make your skincare work for you.
Rejuvity intertwines nature and the latest science to create a system that can meet the needs of all skin types. With use of botanicals that act as natural skin conditioners, Rejuvity works to gently remove excess oil while still keeping the skin moisturized and supple. While the products were created with all skin types in mind, there are a few techniques that can be used to customize your skincare regimen depending on your skin’s needs.
Tiny glands (called sebaceous glands) tucked within skin layers produce oil, or sebum, to moisturize the skin. Heightened oil production can be the result of improper diet, genetics, or fluctuating hormone levels, explaining why teenagers commonly battle with oily or acne-prone skin. While there isn’t much that can be done to stop oil production, there are things that can help control the undesirable results of excess oil:
- Cleanse morning and night: Be sure to use the Rejuvity Purifying Cleanser at both morning and night time to help clean out pores and wash away oil buildup. If possible, it may even benefit you to cleanse mid-day. However, it’s important not to over-wash the face, as that can trigger the skin to produce more oil. Work with your skin to find a happy balance.
- Apply toner often: The Rejuvity Hydrating Toner can be like a best friend for someone with oily skin. It acts as a “liquid vacuum” pulling out excess impurities deep within pores and the top layers of the skin.
- Use more serum than moisturizer: Contrary to popular belief, a moisturizer is still appropriate for oily skin. Those with oily skin can benefit from the light hydration of the Essential Youth Serum on a regular basis while applying a moisturizing cream only on areas that need additional hydration.
- Exfoliate often: Additional exfoliation with the Bamboo Exfoliating Polish can help cleanse away oils. People with oily skin may want to increase their exfoliating routine to three times per week rather than twice per week.
- See a dermatologist for acne: While the Rejuvity line is formulated to work with all skin types, a dermatologist may be needed to give proper guidance on acne care.
Age, genetics, environmental conditions, and overall health all can contribute to dry skin. Did you know that one of the most common causes is simply cold, dry weather, which can strip moisture from the skin making it flaky and itchy? Unfortunately, turning up the thermostat doesn’t improve the conditions for your skin as indoor heating removes moisture from the air. For dry skin, follow proper skincare steps to lock in hydration.
- Use a gentle purifying cleanser: For those with dry skin it’s important to avoid moisture-robbing soaps. The Rejuvity Purifying Cleanser doesn’t contain harsh chemicals such as sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) that can strip the skin, leaving it dry and irritated. Instead, it uses the natural surfactant properties of maple to break down impurities and gently lift them from the skin.
- Seal in hydration: After hydrating with the Essential Youth Serum in the morning, be sure to follow with the Moisturizing Day Cream to seal in moisture. Reapply as needed throughout the day.
- Decrease exfoliation: Although it may seem tempting to scrub away dry skin, the friction can strip the skin and causes dryness. For those with dry skin, decrease use of the Bamboo Exfoliating Polish to once per week rather than two times per week.
- Moisturize at night: After being exposed to the harsh environment all day, your skin needs proper nourishment to rebuild. Once again, be sure to lock in the hydration from Essential Youth Serum with the Renewing Night Cream, which contains moisturizing jojoba and renewing peptides.
People with sensitive skin can experience stinging, burning, redness, or swelling when exposed to some skincare products. Skin sensitivity can result from improper diet, genetics, skin disorders, or exposure to skin-harming environmental factors such as pollution, excessive sun, or wind. When it comes to skincare for sensitive skin, the key is to take it slow. Start out by trying one product at a time to make sure it agrees with your skin. If you notice some irritation with a certain product, use lighter amounts of it and only every three to four days until your skin becomes accustomed to the bioactive ingredients. If irritation continues in a specific area of your face, stop using the product in that area.
- Use a gentle cleanser: The Purifying Cleanser is enriched with oat kernel extract and ginger root, making this cleanser non-irritating. Depending on the severity of your skin, washing the face once per day may be sufficient.
- Avoid artificial fragrances: These chemicals can cause burning and irritation. Only natural oils are used in the Rejuvity Skincare System.
- Apply day/night moisturizers when skin is completely dry: Skincare products can generally penetrate more deeply when applied to damp skin. While this is beneficial for those with normal skin, this may cause irritation for those with sensitive skin. Trapping too much water under a moisturizer can cause redness and inflammation for sensitive skin.
- Begin with only light amounts: Apply products such as Renewing Night Cream and Age-Defying Eye Cream sparingly. These products include special actives that sensitive skin may need to become accustomed to over time.
Combination skin is characterized by areas of oily and dry skin and is the most common skin type. With combination skin, the forehead, nose, and chin (known as the “T-zone”) commonly produce excess oil while the cheeks and the area under the eyes stay dry. This can be a difficult skin type to conquer because you are working with two opposite ends of the skincare spectrum; but with just a few tweaks you can properly care for every inch of your skin.
- Use a cleanser that won’t strip away skin moisture: The Rejuvity Purifying Cleanser is perfect for combination skin because it is effective enough to remove impurities from oily areas of the face but gentle enough to prevent excess drying in sensitive areas.
- Use toner in the T-zone: Using the Hydrating Toner in the T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) will help remove impurities that clog pores and cause blemishes. Because the toner does not contain alcohol, it’s ideal for all-over face use depending on the sensitivity of your skin.
- Moisturize only in dry areas: Instead of applying the day/night cream on all areas of your face, focus only on the areas that are dry and avoid lathering cream on areas of the face that are oily.
The Rejuvity Skincare System is flexible and can be altered slightly to meet your skin’s specific needs. With these tips, you can be sure your skin doesn’t miss out on the benefits of the highest quality, most advanced skincare products on the market.
American Academy of Dermatology. “Saving Face 101: How to customize your skincare routine with your skin type”. 2009. Retrieved on 20 September 2013 from www.add.org.
Vie, et al. Modulating effects of oatmeal extracts in the sodium lauryl sulfate skin irritancy model. Skin Pharm and Physiol. 2002;15:120-124.
Reddy, et al. A review on the importance of herbal drugs in cosmetics. Int J Advan Pharm and Nanotechnol. 2011;1(3):121-139.