How good? Enough that we know many of you have had questions about their individual ingredients, how they’re flavored, and how we managed to keep them nutritious for you.
Here we reveal all, in an ingredient-by-ingredient breakdown.
Displayed prominently on the labels of each shake is Phyto-IsaLean Complex™. The complex is made up of a blend of whole-grain rice protein and pea protein isolate crafted specifically to create a complete amino acid profile designed to support muscle maintenance or growth during weight loss or weight maintenance.
The shake’s breakdown of plant-based protein sources are:
- Whole-grain brown rice protein: The smooth-tasting hypoallergenic protein source extracted from whole-grain brown rice supplies key amino acids including arginine, cysteine, and methionine.
- Pea protein isolate: The protein concentrate from peas offers a high concentration of branched-chain amino acids and lysine for a complete amino acid profile. It’s also a slow-digesting protein that helps increase satiety.
A good meal replacement could not be complete without carbohydrates, preferably in a profile that provides just enough sweetness while being low-glycemic. These carbohydrates are essential energy that fuel your muscles, your brain, and your nervous system.
The combination of carbohydrates includes:
- Evaporated cane juice (cane sugar): A natural source of sugar from the sugar cane plant.
- Molasses powder: A product of drying pure molasses from the sugar cane plant that includes natural minerals and a more complex flavor.
- Monk fruit extract: The extract of fruit from the monk tree provides sweetness with fewer calories and helps to decrease the total amount of sugar needed.
- Whole-grain rice milk powder: Modified rice flour supplying complex carbohydrates that allows for the replacement of milk in helping to give the product a creamy texture.
Providing your body with the right kinds of fat every day is an essential part of any healthy diet. The new IsaLean Shake Dairy-Free delivers 8 grams of fat. Fats are crucial for many functions in the body, in addition to their role in aiding digestion and absorption of essential nutrients and vitamins.
- Sunflower oil powder: The main source of fat in dairy-free IsaLean Shakes because of its naturally high composition of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats including linoleic (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3).
- Olive oil powder: Rich source of monounsaturated fatty acids, specifically oleic acid.
- Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs): Extracted from coconut oil, it’s a source of fat that is more readily absorbed and digested because of its relatively smaller chain length than other saturated fats.
Generally most people do not consume enough fiber in their diet. The new flavors of dairy-free IsaLean Shake provide 8 grams of dietary fiber to help close this gap, promote digestive regularity, and help enhance satiety.
- Isomaltooligosaccharide powder: A natural digestion-resistant starch that acts as a prebiotic soluble fiber, supporting the growth of beneficial bacteria.
- Chia seed powder: An extract from the seed of the chia plant that supplies insoluble fiber and also happens to contain omega-3 fatty acids.
- Flax seed powder: A quality source of insoluble fiber that also happens to supply alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid.
- Xanthan gum: A natural gum that acts as a soluble fiber and is used as a thickener in the IsaLean Shake Dairy-Free.
Fruits and Vegetable Blend
Dairy-free IsaLean Shakes also offer a blend of fruits and vegetables selected to supply a combination of natural nutrients that belong in a healthy diet:
- acai berry, apple, banana, beet, butternut squash, carrot, kale, pomegranate, pumpkin, sweet potato, and spinach
No artificial sweeteners or colors are used in any Isagenix products. Dairy-free IsaLean Shakes are no exception to this rule. It’s for this reason that natural flavoring agents are so important.
- Natural Dutch cocoa powder: An extract from the beans of the cacao plant used as the main flavoring agent in the Rich Chocolate IsaLean Shake Dairy-Free.
- Natural flavors: “Natural flavors” is a regulated industry term used to define flavorings that are created using only components found in nature. They are generally made up of essential oils, essences or extracts, fruit juices, and spices.
- Sea salt: Produced from the evaporation of seawater, sea salt is used to enhance the flavor of the IsaLean Shakes.
- Stevia leaf extract: South American herb that is naturally sweeter than sugar and has no calories.
- Cinnamon: A common spice used in many styles of cooking that is a potent thermogenic agent.
- Nutmeg: A household spice that adds to the shake flavor; derived from the seed of the evergreen tree the Myristica fragrans, native to the Maluku Islands of Indonesia.
- Cardamom: The spice from the seed pods of various plants in the ginger family, which has a strong pungent flavor.
Most plant-based shakes are known for their gritty and chalky texture. To improve mouthfeel, special ingredients were needed to create a plant-based shake that rivaled the smooth, creamy texture of the dairy-based IsaLean Shakes.
- Sunflower lecithin: A natural emulsifier that helps keep fats and water from separating to produce smoothness.
- Potassium citrate: Potassium salt of citric acid that is used to regulate acidity. Also, provides essential potassium.
- Silicon dioxide: A naturally occurring mineral that is used as an anticaking agent that helps maintain the shake’s proper texture.
- Magnesium stearate: A vegetable-derived salt used during the manufacturing of the shake.
- Tricalcium phosphate: Acts as a source of calcium and phosphorus.
A No-Compromise Quality Shake
As always when it comes to creating each product, we follow the Isagenix no-compromise Ingredient Policy. These stringent quality standards start with the rigorous testing of each individual raw material. It’s an extensive and thorough process, set up to ensure our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing and quality assurance.