What is Heart Shake Booster?
Heart Shake Booster is a blend of science-supported ingredients that may reduce the risk of heart disease* and support overall cardiovascular health. With no pills or capsules to swallow, and 5 calories per serving, Heart Shake Booster blends easily into any Isagenix shake with a pleasant neutral taste and no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
What are plant sterols, and what do they do?
Plant sterols (phytosterols) are naturally present in small quantities in plant-based foods, but not at a level that can provide a nutritional benefit (1). Consuming plant sterols as a supplement helps lower blood cholesterol levels by reducing the amount of dietary cholesterol the body can absorb from foods and helps the body eliminate more cholesterol (2-4). Research suggests that consuming plant sterols as a supplement with meals maximizes the cholesterol-lowering effect compared to consuming plant sterols between meals (5, 6).
According to the FDA, foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. A serving of Heart Shake Booster supplies 0.65 grams of plant sterol esters.
What are the other ingredients in Heart Shake Booster, and what do they do?
Heart Shake Booster also contains pantethine and a Mediterranean polyphenol blend. Pantethine is a derivative of vitamin B5 that also supports healthy cholesterol levels and heart health (7, 8). The Mediterranean polyphenol blend is a blend of extracts comprising a Mediterranean diet rich in phytonutrients from fruits and vegetables.
How should Heart Shake Booster be used?
Mix 1 scoop of Heart Shake Booster with your favorite Isagenix shake. Use twice daily. While Heart Shake Booster is best enjoyed with an Isagenix shake, it can be mixed with other beverages. For best results, consume Heart Shake Booster with your favorite Isagenix shake or other meal.
Who can benefit from Heart Shake Booster?
Any adult who is concerned about blood cholesterol levels may benefit from Heart Shake Booster to help achieve and maintain healthy blood cholesterol levels and to complement the benefits of heart-healthy diet and lifestyle choices.
Adults with normal cholesterol levels who do not have other risk factors for heart disease may not experience any additional benefit from taking Heart Shake Booster. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult with their doctor before taking.
Can Heart Shake Booster be taken in addition to medications for cholesterol?
Heart Shake Booster is not meant to replace medications or other treatments for cholesterol or heart disease. As part of the National Cholesterol Education Program, the National Institutes of Health recommend including plant sterols in a comprehensive plan for managing blood cholesterol levels. It’s important to talk to your doctor before making any significant changes to your diet or lifestyle, especially if you have a medical condition or take prescription medications. Heart Shake Booster provides 0.65 grams of pant sterols per serving in combination with other ingredients to support overall heart health.
*Foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. A serving of Heart Shake Booster supplies 0.65 grams of plant sterol esters.
- von Bergmann K, Sudhop T, Lütjohann D. Cholesterol and Plant Sterol Absorption: Recent Insights. Am J Cardiol. 2005;96:10-14.
- Mattson FH, Grundy SM, Crouse JR. Optimizing the effect of plant sterols on cholesterol absorption in man. Am J Clin Nutr. 1982 Apr;35(4):697-700.
- Malina DM, Fonseca FA, Barbosa SA, Kasmas SH, Machado VA, França CN, Borges NC, Moreno RA, Izar MC. Additive effects of plant sterols supplementation in addition to different lipid-lowering regimens. J Clin Lipidol. 2015 Jul-Aug;9(4):542-52. doi: 10.1016/j.jacl.2015.04.003.
- National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report. Circulation. 2002 Dec 17;106(25):3143-421.
- Doornbos AM, Meynen EM, Duchateau GS, van der Knaap HC, Trautwein EA. Intake occasion affects the serum cholesterol lowering of a plant sterol-enriched single-dose yoghurt drink in mildly Hypercholesterolaemic subjects. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2006 Mar;60(3):325-33.
- Abumweis SS, Barake R, Jones PJ. Plant sterols/stanols as cholesterol lowering agents: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Food Nutr Res. 2008;52. doi: 10.3402/fnr.v52i0.1811.
- Chen YQ, Zhao SP, Zhao YH. Efficacy and tolerability of coenzyme A vs pantethine for the treatment of patients with hyperlipidemia: A randomized, double-blind, multicenter study. J Clin Lipidol. 2015 Sep-Oct;9(5):692-7. doi:10.1016/j.jacl.2015.07.003.
- Evans M, Rumberger JA, Azumano I, Napolitano JJ, Citrolo D, Kamiya T. Pantethine, a derivative of vitamin B5, favorably alters total, LDL and non-HDL cholesterol in low to moderate cardiovascular risk subjects eligible for statin therapy: a triple-blinded placebo and diet-controlled investigation. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2014 Feb 27;10:89-100. doi: 10.2147/VHRM.S57116.