What is Immune Shake Booster?
Immune Shake Booster is a blend of science-supported ingredients that help prime, strengthen, and balance the immune system for better overall health.† With no additional pills or capsules to swallow, and 10 calories per serving, Immune Shake Booster blends easily into any Isagenix shake with a pleasant neutral taste and no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners.
What are beta glucans and what do they do?
Beta glucans are naturally occurring molecules in the cell walls of cereal grains, bacteria, and fungi such as mushrooms. In the body beta glucans trigger activity that primes and strengthens key immune cells enabling them to move more quickly throughout the body in response to pathogens. Wellmune® beta glucans in Immune Shake Booster are supported by substantial scientific evidence showing daily intake supports better immune health in a variety of lifestyles (1-7). Immune Shake Booster also provides beta glucans found in reishi, maitake, and poria mushrooms that help promote increased immune cell action and response (8-13).†
Who can benefit from Immune Shake Booster?
Anyone looking for daily support for immune health can benefit from Immune Shake Booster. The immune system is bombarded with a myriad of challenges to fend off every day of the year, and waiting until the immune system has been compromised to take action is too late. Immune Shake Booster offers daily support for healthy immune function. † Studies on Wellmune® show daily intake supports healthy immune function in adults who feel overly stressed and fatigued and those who engage in intense exercise, among others (1-7).
How should Immune Shake Booster be used?
Adults using Immune Shake Booster should mix 1 scoop with an Isagenix shake once daily. For times of increased stress and fatigue, or to support intense exercise training, use up to 2 scoops per day, taken together or separately. While Immune Shake Booster is best enjoyed with an Isagenix shake, it can be mixed with other viscous beverages.
For kids ages 4 and up, mix ½ scoop into shakes, smoothies, or thick beverages.
Can Immune Shake Booster be taken in addition to cold/flu medications?
Immune Shake Booster is not meant to replace medication or other treatments for cold/flu and/or any other condition that affects the immune system. It’s important to talk to your doctor before making any significant changes to your diet or lifestyle, especially if you have a medical condition or take prescription medications. Immune Shake Booster is designed to support overall healthy immune function as an everyday nutritional supplement.
How is Immune Shake Booster different from Isamune With Zinc?
While the ingredients in both Immune Shake Booster and Isamune® With Zinc support immune health, both the delivery method and specific ingredients differ greatly in these two products. Immune Shake Booster is designed for daily use added to an Isagenix shake to support immune health and function, while Isamune With Zinc is better suited for an extra dose of immune-supporting ingredients when on the go, given the liquid spray delivery.
Additionally, the Immune Shake Booster capitalizes on its inclusion of Wellmune® beta glucans and blend of maitake, reishi, and poria mushrooms, shown to work best when taken consistently over time, while Isamune With Zinc includes a blend of zinc, echinacea, reishi mushrooms, colostrum, bilberry, and blueberry. Because of each product’s unique ingredient profile, both products can be safely used in conjunction for optimal immune health benefit.
Can Immune Shake Booster be used if I have an autoimmune disease?
It is always recommended to first consult with your doctor prior to beginning the use of any Isagenix product, especially with a pre-existing condition such as an autoimmune disease. The Immune Shake Booster does not overstimulate an artificial immune response, but works to prime your body’s natural immune response.
Can Immune Shake Booster be baked into food?
Yes, Immune Shake Booster can be baked into your favorite meal or dish as the ingredients are heat stable and will not be harmed in harsh temperatures.
Can Immune Shake Booster be used at the same time as Heart Shake Booster?
Yes, you can add both Immune and Heart Shake Booster into the same IsaLean Shake for added immune and heart support.
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Carpenter KC, Breslin WL, Davidson T, Adams A, and McFarlin BK. Baker’s yeast β-glucan supplementation increases monocytes and cytokines post-exercise: implications for infection risk? Br J Nutr. 2013 Feb;109(3):478-486.
- McFarlin BK, Carpenter KC, Davidson T, and McFarlin MA. Baker’s yeast beta glucan supplementation increases salivary IgA and decreases cold/flu symptomatic days after intense exercise. J Diet Suppl. 2013 Sept; 10(3): 171-83.
- Harger-Domitrovich SG, Domitrovich JW, and Ruby BC. Effects of an immunomodulating supplement on upper respiratory tract infection symptoms in wildland firefighters. Med Sci Sport Ex. 2008 May;40(5):S353.
- Feldman S, Schwartz HI, Kalman DS, Mayers A, Kohrman HM, Clemens R, Krieger DR. Randomized phase II clinical trials of Wellmune WGP for immune support during cold and flu season. J Appl Res. 2009 Mar;9(1-2):30-43.
- Talbott S and Talbott J. Effect of beta 1,3/1,6 glucan on upper respiratory tract infection symptoms and mood state in marathon athletes. J Sports Sci Med. 2009 Dec;8(4):509-515.
- Talbott S and Talbott J. Beta 1,3/1,6 glucan decreases upper respiratory tract infection symptoms and improves psychological well-being in moderate to highly-stressed subjects. AgroFood Industry Hi-Tech. 2010 Jan/Feb;21(1):21-24.
- Talbott SM and Talbott JA. Baker’s yeast beta-glucan supplement reduces upper respiratory symptoms and improves mood state in stressed women. J Am Coll Nutr. 2012 Apr;31(4):295-300.
- Rios JL. Chemical constituents and pharmacological properties of Poria cocos. Planta Medica 2011 May; 77(7): 681-691.
- Mayell M. Maitake extracts and their therapeutic potential – a review. Altern Med Rev. 2001 Nov; 60(3):258-74.
- Wasser SP. Medicinal mushrooms as a source of antitumor and immunomodulating polysaccharides. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2002 Nov; 60(3):258-274.
- Lin ZB. Cellular and molecular mechanisms of immuno-modulation by Ganoderma lucidum. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences 2005; 99(2): 144-153.
- Wu SJ, Lu TM, Lai MN, Ng LT. Immunomodulatory activities of medicinal mushroom Grifola frondosa extract and its bioactive constituent. Am J Chin Med. 2013; 41(1): 131-44.
- Wachtel-Galor S, Tomlinson B, and Benzie IFF. Ganoderma lucidum (‘Lingzhi’), a Chinese medicinal mushroom: biomarker responses in a controlled human supplementation study. Brit J Nutr. 2004 Feb; 91(02):263-9.