These meal alternatives will quickly supply the right kind and amount of nutrients to replenish your body with what it needs for its trillions of cells, for its muscle and bone, to boost antioxidant status, and to support the immune system.
During a Cleanse Day, your body has gone through a few profound changes: you’ve melted away fat, especially the deadly kind (1). You’ve reset the food intake center in the brain (2, 3), so you’re less likely to overindulge in the wrong types of food. You’ve reset insulin sensitivity enhancing your body’s ability to regulate blood sugar (4). You’ve stimulated the renewal of old and tired cells (5). You’ve activated greater detoxification (6). You’ve lowered oxidative stress (1, 7).
Right after a Cleanse Day, it’s prime time to flood the body with good nutrition. The body is more ready than ever to receive a healthy balance of quality protein, low-glycemic carbohydrates, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
There are other ways through “clean eating” that you could give your body healthy amounts of nutrients – for example, a healthy-sized entree of green salad with lean chicken, dried fruits, and an olive oil-based dressing or a vegetarian meal complete with wild rice, legumes, along with avocado and plenty of vegetables.
However, to take the guessswork out of what to eat and to be sure you’re supplying your body exactly with what it needs, IsaLean Shake or IsaLean Pro Shake are no-brainers – packed with the high-quality whey protein that is best for stimulating muscle protein synthesis (8). They also provide the right combination of low-glycemic carbohydrates for energy, healthy fats including “heart-healthy” olive oil, and a complete profile of vitamins and minerals necessary for proper metabolism and cell function to round out their completeness.
Not to mention, these shakes also taste delicious! So, next time your Cleanse Days come to an end, avoid the worry and wonder about what to eat first – replenish your body with an “amazing” IsaLean Shake or IsaLean Pro Shake.
Great news! Isagenix has also just launched new Black Sesame IsaLean Shake. Now you can enjoy a hot breakfast any morning with this new, Asian-inspired flavor!
Just add a couple of scoops to hot or warm water, stir it with a whisk or spoon, and enjoy! A couple of important notes: Avoid using an IsaBlender to blend hot liquids or mixing the product into boiling water. Temperatures between 140 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit are ideal so as to not degrade the protein, digestive enzymes, or vitamins in the product.
- Klempel MC, Kroeger CM, Bhutani S, Trepanowski JF, Varady KA. Intermittent fasting combined with calorie restriction is effective for weight loss and cardio-protection in obese women. Nutr J 2012;11:98.
- Varady KA, Hellerstein MK. Alternate-day fasting and chronic disease prevention: a review of human and animal trials. Am J Clin Nutr 2007;86:7-13.
- Anton SD, Han H, York E, Martin CK, Ravussin E, Williamson DA. Effect of calorie restriction on subjective ratings of appetite. J Hum Nutr Diet 2009;22:141-7.
- Halberg N, Henriksen M, Soderhamn N et al. Effect of intermittent fasting and refeeding on insulin action in healthy men. J Appl Physiol 2005;99:2128-36
- Bergamini E, Cavallini G, Donati A, Gori Z. The role of autophagy in aging: its essential part in the anti-aging mechanism of caloric restriction. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2007;1114:69-78. 9.
- Liska DJ. The detoxification enzyme systems. Alternative Medicine Review. 1198;3(3);187-198.
- Harvie MN et al. The effects of intermittent or continuous energy restriction on weight loss and metabolic disease markers: a randomized trial in young overweight women. Int J Obesity 35:714-727, 2011.
- Coker RH, Miller S, Schutzler S, Deutz N, Wolfe RR. Whey protein and essential amino acids promote the reduction of adipose tissue and increased muscle protein synthesis during caloric restriction-induced weight loss in elderly, obese individuals. Nutr J 2012;11:105.