By Ina Nozek, DC, MS, CCN
Cleanse Days can be challenging. They require motivation, dedication, health-consciousness, restraint, and control. Deep Cleansing, or performing two Cleanse Days in a row, is a mini-marathon, a chess game between you and your impulses. While you alone must do the hard work, support is key to achievement. Raising the stakes, here are ten top secrets to claiming your Deep Cleansing success.
1. Drink water, water, and more water. It is easy to misunderstand your body’s thirst mechanism, but being out of touch is no reason to confound your Deep Cleanse. Sometimes we feel hungry when we are actually thirsty. Make sure to keep yourself very hydrated throughout your Cleanse Days. Remember, the products are an amazing support for your body during the release all of those nasty impurities but it is your job to flush them out. A minimum of ten glasses of pure, plain water are recommended each and every day.
2. Snack to success. It is critical to keep your blood sugar stable so that you can function optimally while still supporting your body’s release of fat. The Isagenix Snacks! wafers are small saviors of satiety designed to do just that. Chew one wafer every couple of hours for a total of six to eight Snacks! throughout the day.
3. Delight your brain. IsaDelight Plus Milk or Dark Chocolates are an absolutely delicious and effective way to reduce hunger and cravings! Delighting in two to four of these, even on a Cleanse Day, serves up a small dose of pleasure for you and your brain. But be mindful of timing and moderation. Make sure you wait at least a couple of hours after an Isagenix Snacks! wafer before consuming an IsaDelight Plus chocolate piece. If you have a chocolate, wait at least half an hour before having a snack. This will ensure the amino acids contained in an IsaDelight Plus deliver their most appetite-satisfying brain benefit and mitigate fluctuations in blood sugar.
4. Get creative with Cleanse for Life. Clearly the cleansing staple, Cleanse for Life (available in liquid or powder) can be enjoyed several ways on a Cleanse Day. Most cleansers will take four servings (4 ounces of the liquid or 2 scoops of the powder). However, if you want to take the bite out of your belly, consider dividing the doses in half—you also have the option of doing eight servings of 2 ounces of the liquid or 1 scoop of the powder. Maybe make the whole batch and simply sip on it throughout the entire day so that by day’s end, you are completely done with it. Any combination is fine. Remember, you can also boost your hydration by diluting Cleanse for Life with as much water as you desire.
5. Distract yourself from food. It may not seem in your nature to avoid your need to nurture, but whenever possible while cleansing, avoid cooking and preparing food for others. If you must cook for your family, plan to make something on that day that you don’t like or that really doesn’t tempt you. If you find your mind focusing on what you are dying to eat, gently move your thoughts to anything that is not food related. Better yet, think of how great you are going to feel about yourself when you are finished with your Deep Cleanse Days.
6. Don’t overdo exercise. Cleansing can make you feel like your energy is low. Stay in tune with your body. Don’t over do it. It’s okay if you want to do an easy workout, take a nice walk, or even do a light yoga class, but don’t push your body to the point of becoming overly stressed, especially while you are cleansing. Pushing to exhaustion can compromise your cleanse efforts, put the body in a state of alarm, or even spur a feverish binge. Movement is important, so it is suggested that some form of mild exercise be done on a cleanse day, but anything strenuous is not necessarily recommended.
7. Relax. Take a load off. It is so important to rest your body. If you have the opportunity to relax on a Cleanse Day, take advantage of it. Improve your results and your body by improving your rest. Burning the candles at both ends is never a good idea, but especially during a Deep Cleanse. Proper rest is mandatory for your body to recover and rejuvenate.
8. Remember your IsaFlush. Make sure to take enough IsaFlush! (and Fiberpro) to ensure normal, daily bowel movements. Getting moving and staying hydrated will help keep your body in alignment. Release the body fat as well as the food belly. Staying regular is important to your weight loss and important for sustaining a healthy gut. Keep those bowels moving well!
9. Visualize your success. See yourself attain your goal. So much of getting through Cleanse Days is the strong mindset of just doing it! Have a strong, clear vision of what you want to achieve for yourself. What is your desired weight? What size would you like to be? How clear will your skin be? How bright will your eyes be? See yourself as your picture of vibrant health and before you know it, you will look and feel fabulous!
10. Stay connected. Cleanse with a friend, call your coach, connect with your support team, chat with other Isa-friends who are cleansing too, or join a group cleanse. Take advantage of social media—find friends in a new Isa Facebook group. These groups offer a wonderful community of people who share the passion for our products and who are actively working through the process of cleansing and replenishing. Finding a network of support is literally one click away!
About the Author
Dr. Ina S. Nozek is a clinical nutritionist and was in private practice from 1987 until 2009. She specializes in stubborn weight loss and detoxification. She holds a Master’s Degree in Human Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Sherman College. She and her husband, Dr. Glenn Nozek owned and directed the Lifeline Center for Holistic Health. They were also the co-hosts of a cable TV series entitled, Lifeline; and a radio show entitled, Listen for your health. She and her husband live in Toms River, New Jersey, with their three children, Max, Arielle, and Jake.