When you think of cookies, “delicious” may be the first word that comes to mind, but what about “nutritious”? Perfectly portioned for your whole family to enjoy, Nature Oat Bakes™ are deliciously baked oatmeal cookies bursting with nutritious, gluten-free ingredients.
Why Smart Snacks Matter
Americans are snacking now more than ever, which can have a negative effect on your waistline. However, when done wisely, snacking can be one of your best allies for weight loss success. Planning healthy snacks throughout the day is a great way to keep your appetite and your waistline in check (1).
When you allow your appetite to get out of control, the temptation to eat high-calorie junk foods is hard to resist and the likelihood of overeating during meals increases. Incorporating Nature Oat Bakes into your snacking routine is a great option for snacking smarter.
Quality Ingredients Make the Difference
Research suggests that the impact of snacking on health is strongly influenced by the nutritional quality of snack foods rather than the habit of snacking in general (2-4). Many snacks options, including cookies, tend to be high in fat and added sugar and low in fiber.
Nature Oat Bakes provide a delicious, healthy alternative to typical snacks. These moist and chewy cookies are low in fat and a good source of fiber from mindfully selected, wholesome ingredients. Each oatmeal cookie is individually wrapped for perfect portion control. This snack is gluten-free and satisfies with natural sweetness.
Here’s a deeper look at a few of the unique ingredients you can discover in Nature Oat Bakes.
Gluten-Free Whole-Grain Rolled Oats
These gluten-free whole-grain rolled oats provide a source of soluble fiber and are carefully processed to avoid the potential for cross-contact with gluten-containing grains like wheat, barley, or rye (5).
Garbanzo Bean Flour
Also known as chickpea flour, garbanzo bean flour is a naturally gluten-free flour that contributes to the texture of Nature Oat Bakes and helps them keep their shape (6).
Raisins, Cranberries, and Blueberries
These delicious dried fruits are a source of flavor and provide the perfect amount of natural sweetness.
White chocolate contributes to the overall flavor profile and provides a hint of sweetness.
Make Nature Oat Bakes Part of Your Isagenix Lifestyle
Nature Oat Bakes can be consumed on Cleanse Days and incorporated into Shake Days as a snack. These delicious cookies are perfect as a sweetly satisfying and guilt-free dessert. Having the option of a healthy cookie for a snack is a great way to stay on track with your Isagenix lifestyle.
- Leidy HJ, Campbell WW. The effect of eating frequency on appetite control and food intake: brief synopsis of controlled feeding studies. J Nutr. 2011;141(1):154-157.
- Nicklas TA, O’Neil CE, Fulgoni VL 3rd. Snacking patterns, diet quality, and cardiovascular risk factors in adults. BMC Public Health. 2014 Apr 23;14:388.
- Berteus Forslund H, Torgerson JS, Sjostrom L, Lindroos AK. Snacking frequency in relation to energy intake and food choices in obese men and women compared to a reference population. Int J Obes. 2005;29:711–9.
- Barnes TL, French SA, Harnack LJ, Mitchell NR, Wolfson J. Snacking behaviors, diet quality, and body mass index in a community sample of working adults. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015 Jul;115(7):1117-23.
- Sang S, Chu Y. Whole grain oats, more than just a fiber: Role of unique phytochemicals. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2017 Jul;61(7). doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201600715.
- 6.Gupta S, Chhabra GS, Liu C, Bakshi JS, Sathe SK. Functional Properties of Select Dry Bean Seeds and Flours. J Food Sci. 2018 Aug;83(8):2052-2061. doi:10.1111/1750-3841.14213.