Your heart is an important muscle that needs tender, loving care. While eating nutritious meals, engaging in regular exercise, and adopting a healthy lifestyle all support a healthy heart, your heart could also benefit from Isagenix products formulated to complement your heart-healthy lifestyle. Some of the benefits may surprise you.
Here are three great products that you can easily include in your Isagenix System to support a healthy heart.
1. Heart Shake Booster
Formulated with ingredients to support healthy cholesterol levels, Heart Shake Booster provides a blend of science-supported ingredients that may reduce the risk of heart disease † and support overall cardiovascular health. This product’s powerful ingredients include plant sterols, pantethine, and a proprietary blend inspired by the Mediterranean diet.
2. AMPED™ NOx
This performance booster supports nitric oxide production, which increases blood flow and oxygen delivery to cells. Scientific studies show that taking plant-based nitrates in the form of a concentrated drink can have cardioprotective effects (1).
IsaOmega™ contains over 1 gram of total omega-3 fatty acids (0.6 grams of EPA and 0.48 grams of DHA) to help promote heart health. Both EPA and DHA have been found to be effective nutrients to support cardiovascular health (2, 3).
In addition to the products mentioned above, these three products have unexpected benefits to support heart health.
1. Ionix Supreme
Chronic stress has been associated with numerous negative outcomes that affect your cardiovascular health (4). Nutrient-rich Ionix® Supreme features a blend of adaptogens designed to protect against the negative effects of stress.
2. Nature Oat Bakes™
This soft-baked oatmeal cookie is made with hearty whole grain rolled oats and hand-picked berries providing a high source of fiber. Oats are a rich source of beta-glucan, a type of fiber that can have benefits for heart health (5).
This specialized product contains coenzyme Q10, vitamin D3, resveratrol, and adaptogens. Scientific evidence shows CoQ10 supports blood flow through the cardiovascular system with daily supplementation (6). Research has shown vitamin D is key to heart health and strength (7). Resveratrol may have benefits for the cardiovascular system by supporting healthy blood vessels, while adaptogens help strengthen the body’s ability to fight the effects of stress (8-11).
In addition to making smart diet and lifestyle choices, consider one of these Isagenix nutritional solutions to complement your heart-healthy lifestyle.
†Foods and supplements containing at least 0.65 grams per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 grams, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. A serving of Heart Shake Booster supplies 0.65 grams of plant sterol esters.
- Sweazea KL, Johnston CS, Miller B, Gumpricht E. Beet juice energy drink increases nitric oxide bioavailability… in healthy men [abstract]. FASEB J, 2017 April; 33(1) Supp. 966.10. Available at: http://www.fasebj.org/content/31/1_Supplement/966.10.abstract?sid=0a2d6ff5-90e5-47bc-82ae-88e908fb8cec
- Soumia P, Sandeep C, Jubbin J. A fish a day, keeps the cardiologist away! – A review of the effect of omega-3 fatty acids in the cardiovascular system. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2013 May-Jun; 17(3): 422–429.
- Mozaffarian D, Wu JH. Omega-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular disease: effects on risk factors, molecular pathways, and clinical events. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011 Nov 8;58(20):2047-67.
- Roberts C, Troop N, Connan F, Treasure J, Campbell IC. The effects of stress on body weight: biological and psychological predictors of change in BMI. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007 Dec;15(12):3045-55. doi: 10.1038/oby.2007.363.
- McRorie JW Jr. Evidence-Based Approach to Fiber Supplements and Clinically Meaningful Health Benefits, Part 1: What to Look for and How to Recommend an Effective Fiber Therapy. Nutr Today. 2015 Mar;50(2):82-89.
- Al-Hasso S. Coenzyme Q10: a review. Hosp Pharm. 2001;36(1):51-66
- Giallauria F et al. Arterial stiffness and vitamin D levels: the Baltimore longitudinal study of aging. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2012;97:3717-23.
- Timmers S, Konings E, Bilet L, et al. Calorie Restriction-like Effects of 30 Days of Resveratrol Supplementation on Energy Metabolism and Metabolic Profile in Obese Humans. Cell Metab 2011;14:612-22. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2011.10.002
- Tome-Carneiro J, Gonzalvez M, Larrosa M et al. One-Year Consumption of a Grape Nutraceutical Containing Resveratrol Improves the Inflammatory and Fibrinolytic Status of Patients in Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. Am J Cardiol 23 April 2012. doi: 10.1016.j.amjcard.2012.03.0
- Tome-Carneiro J, et al. Resveratrol in primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease: A dietary and clinical perspective. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2013;1290:37.
- Panossian A, Wikman G. Effects of adaptogens on the central nervous system and the molecular mechanisms associated with their stress-protective activity. Pharmaceuticals 2010; 3: 188-224. – See more at: https://www.isagenixhealth.net/is-stress-aging-you/#sthash.fFjxSosS.dpuf