What makes IsaKids® Super Smoothie so good? We’re breaking it down one super ingredient at a time.
Great Nutrition Starts With Quality Protein
IsaKids Super Smoothie is made with undenatured whey and milk protein sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised cows that are not treated with hormones or routine antibiotics. It’s high-quality protein in just the right amount for growing bodies balanced in proportion to other essential nutrients.
- Protein blend: The blend includes undenatured whey protein concentrate, undenatured milk protein concentrate, and low-heat nonfat dry milk.
Carbohydrates for Energy
It takes a lot of energy to grow, and carbohydrates give growing bodies the fuel they need. Getting the right amount of carbohydrates in balance with other nutrients means the body can use protein for the important jobs that only protein can do — growing tall and building a strong body.
- Fructose: Fructose, also known as fruit sugar, occurs naturally in fruits and vegetables. It is a low-glycemic sweetener, which means that it won’t result in the typical sugar rush of ordinary sugar. It’s about 50% sweeter than table sugar, which gives IsaKids Super Smoothie a naturally sweet taste while using less sugar overall.
- Tapioca maltodextrin: Tapioca comes from the root of the cassava plant. Tapioca maltodextrin is a source of slowly digested, low-glycemic, complex carbohydrates that help round out the flavor and contribute to IsaKids Super Smoothie’s delicious, creamy texture.
Dietary Fiber: Essential for Good Nutrition
Fiber is important for a healthy diet, but most kids fall short of getting the amount they need. The Institute of Medicine guidelines recommend kids age 4 to 13 years old get at least 25 to 31 grams of fiber per day. That’s almost the same amount as grown-ups need to stay healthy, which makes it challenging to meet this goal without some help.
- Digestion-resistant maltodextrin: A natural digestion-resistant starch that acts as a prebiotic fiber, supporting beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Flaxseed powder: Finely milled flaxseed gives a fiber-rich boost while keeping the texture smooth and yummy.
- Xanthan gum: A natural variety of soluble fiber that helps give IsaKids Super Smoothie a thick, smooth texture that’s just right.
A Mix of Good Fats
Getting enough of the right kinds of fats is an important part of good nutrition for everyone. IsaKids Super Smoothie is equipped with 6 grams of good fats from sources like olive oil, sunflower oil, and medium-chain triglycerides, just to name a few.
- Sunflower oil: Pressed from sunflower seeds, sunflower oil is a rich source of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats.
- Olive oil: One of the good fats high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Flaxseed powder: A high-quality source of alpha-linolenic acid, an essential fatty acid.
- Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil: Sourced from coconut, MCT oil is a readily available fuel source for the body.
Digestive Enzymes To Get the Most Out of Every Sip
Digestive enzymes help to break down foods into nutrients your body can use. IsaKids Super Smoothie has its own blend of helpful enzymes to ease digestion.
- Enzyme blend: A blend of enzymes including lactase, protease, and invertase to support digestion of carbohydrates and proteins.
A Full Spectrum of Vitamins and Minerals
IsaKids Super Smoothie has a spectrum of vitamins and minerals that growing kids need:
- Tricalcium phosphate: A source of calcium, a mineral important for strong bones.
- Potassium citrate: A source of potassium, an essential electrolyte mineral.
- Magnesium oxide:A source of magnesium, an electrolyte mineral required for normal metabolism.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid): A water-soluble vitamin and antioxidant.
- Ferric glycinate: A bioavailable source of iron, an essential mineral for growth and development.
- Selenium yeast: A source of the essential trace mineral selenium, which acts as a cofactor for antioxidant enzymes in a natural, bioavailable form from yeast.
- Molybdenum yeast: A source of molybdenum, an essential trace mineral, in a natural, bioavailable form from yeast.
- Manganese gluconate: A form of manganese, an essential trace mineral necessary for normal metabolism.
- Niacinamide: Also known as vitamin B3 or niacin, niacinamide is the nonflushing form of niacin.
- Vitamin E succinate: A form of vitamin E, a fat-soluble nutrient with antioxidant properties.
- Zinc oxide: A source of the essential trace mineral zinc, important for normal growth and development.
- Vitamin A (as beta carotene): A fat-soluble, antioxidant vitamin that belongs to the carotenoid family.
- Biotin: A water-soluble nutrient belonging to the B group of vitamins.
- Copper gluconate: A source of copper, an essential trace mineral involved in normal metabolism.
- D-calcium pantothenate: Also known as vitamin B5, this essential vitamin supports carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism.
- Folic acid: Sometimes known as vitamin B9, this essential B vitamin is necessary for normal metabolism.
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol): As the active form of vitamin D, this nutrient is essential for strong bones.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride): One of three forms of vitamin B6 that is found naturally in a variety of foods such as fish, lima beans, and bananas.
- Potassium iodide: A source of iodine, an essential mineral necessary for normal development.
- Vitamin B1 (as thiamin hydrochloride): An essential B vitamin necessary for normal metabolism.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): An essential B vitamin necessary for normal metabolism.
- Chromium chloride: A source of chromium, an essential trace mineral important for normal metabolism.
- Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin): A water-soluble B vitamin.
Fruit and Veggie Blend for Balanced Nutrition
Parents know how important fruits and vegetables are to a healthy diet. IsaKids Super Smoothie isn’t an excuse to skip fruit or veggie servings, but its fruit and vegetable blend helps to complement overall good nutrition. Every little bit helps!
- Fruit and vegetable blend: This blend includes fruits and veggies like apple, acai, banana, beet, butternut squash, carrot, kale, pomegranate, pumpkin, sweet potato, and spinach.
Great Taste Is the Most Important Ingredient
There are no artificial flavorings or sweeteners added to enhance the flavor of IsaKids Super Smoothie.
- Natural flavors:“Natural flavors” is a regulated term used to define flavorings that are created using only components found in nature. They are generally made of essential oils, essences, or extracts; fruit juices; and spices. For more information, check out this article.
- Stevia leaf extract: A South American herb with a naturally sweet taste that provides no calories.
Other Ingredients Help With Manufacturing
These ingredients are used in small amounts to aid manufacturing and help everything come together smoothly. While they are found in many packaged foods, these minerals are also naturally occurring in plant-based foods such as fruits, vegetables, and grains.
- Silicon dioxide: A naturally occurring mineral that is used to prevent ingredients from forming lumps and clumping together.
- Magnesium stearate: A vegetable-derived mineral salt used during manufacturing to help the ingredients blend together smoothly.
No-Compromise Quality and Nutrition That’s Right for Kids
When it comes to creating each product, we are guided by the Isagenix no-compromise quality policy. These stringent quality standards start with the selection and rigorous testing of each individual raw material. It’s an extensive and thorough process set up to ensure our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing and quality assurance.
Institute of Medicine, Food Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes for Energy, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Fat, Fatty Acids, Cholesterol, Protein, and Amino Acids. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press;2005.