After tireless efforts from our entire Research and Development team at Isagenix, we’re pleased to announce the launch of AMPED™ Power. We didn’t take any shortcuts in its formulation. The ingredients in AMPED Power work synergistically to provide energy, greater focus, reduce fatigue, improve blood flow, and accelerate gains in strength, power, and muscle mass.
AMPED Power was designed to solve a clear problem for many athletes and intense trainees—they often go into workouts lacking energy, focus, and the right fuel to maximize performance. The pre-workout period is a crucial time to not only supply the right nutrients to boost the intensity of training, but also to offer a natural and safe option to increase power and, ultimately, muscle gains.
In a comprehensive analysis of what the market currently has to offer, we were disappointed. Health and well-being are our first priorities at Isagenix. Many products that we analyzed didn’t contain ingredients that were scientifically validated. Moreover, many contained insufficient dosages of key actives, contained artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners, and many simply tasted awful. Finally, several contained unlisted, illegal substances or dangerous stimulants. We wanted to bring something innovative to the market: a high-quality, novel product with evidence-based ingredients to really drive your workout routine!
To develop this formula, we first chose an effective and safe dose of creatine monohydrate—the world’s most carefully and thoroughly researched sports ingredient. Creatine offers a powerful training boost by providing muscles with the most readily available form of energy in the body, adenosine triphosphate, or ATP. By saturating your muscles with ATP, you can increase power and strength while reducing fatigue.
Next, we added the effective and patented nitric oxide booster Nitrosigine™ to increase blood flow to those tissues of the body essential for optimal performance, such as muscles, the circulatory system, and the brain. Offered exclusively to Isagenix, the addition of Nitrosigine can enhance focus and maximize delivery of nutrients to working muscles, letting you work longer and harder.
Finally, as a complement to both creatine and Nitrosigine, we’ve added an evidence-based dose of the amino acid L-citrulline in two forms for maximum bioavailability. While citrulline can help boost blood flow, it can also enhance muscle building by activating muscle protein synthesis pathways.
Here’s a breakdown of these ingredients:
- Creatine is a naturally occurring compound that helps supply energy to muscle. By increasing the availability of energy to muscle, creatine allows athletes to perform for longer periods of time. This results in an increase in muscle mass, power, strength, and sprint speed over time (1, 2). There is also evidence that creatine can reduce exercise-induced lactic acid buildup and inflammation, thereby improving recovery (3).
- Citrulline is a naturally occurring compound that supports nitric oxide production. Nitric oxide boosts athletic performance by increasing blood flow and the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to muscle during activity, and improves cognitive performance by increasing blood flow to the brain (4, 5). In addition to increasing the production of nitric oxide, citrulline is also shown to improve anaerobic exercise performance and to even stimulate muscle synthesis by activating muscle-building pathways (6, 7).
- Nitrosigine is a new and unique patented complex containing arginine, the precursor to nitric oxide. Nitric oxide increases blood flow, which may improve oxygen and nutrient delivery to muscles, thereby boosting training gains. Nitrosigine is shown to be more bioavailable that arginine alone, making it a powerful ingredient for boosting nitric oxide levels and blood flow to active muscle (8). The benefits of Nitrosigine start in as little as 30 minutes after consuming and lasts for up to three hours.
AMPED Power is the first-ever combination of creatine, citrulline, and Nitrosigine to support performance and training gains. Each of these exciting ingredients is shown through clinical research to provide various benefits associated with energy, focus, stamina, blood flow, strength, power, and gains in muscle mass.
We stand behind this product because of its safe ingredients, high quality, lack of artificial colors and sweeteners, and great taste.
- Van Loon LJ et al. Effects of creatine loading and prolonged creatine supplementation on body composition, fuel selection, sprint and endurance performance in humans. Clin Sci 2003;104:153-62.
- Aguiar AF, et al. Long-term creatine supplementation improves muscular performance during resistance training in older women. Eur J Appl Physiol 2013;113:987-96.
- Deminice R et al. Effects of creatine supplementation on oxidative stress and inflammatory markers after repeated-sprint exercise in humans. Nutrition 2013;29:1127-32.
- Presley TD et al. Acute effect of a high nitrate diet on brain perfusion in older adults. Nitric Oxide. 2011 Jan 1;24(1):34-42.
- Aamand R et al. A NO way to BOLD? Dietary nitrate alters the hemodynamic response to visual stimulation. Neuroimage. 2013 Dec;83:397-407.
- Pérez-Guisado J, Jakeman PM. Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. J Strength Cond Res 2010;24:1215-22.
- Cynober L, et al. Leucine and citrulline: two major regulators of protein turnover. World Rev Nutr Diet 2013;105:97-105.
- Kalman D et al. A clinical evaluation to determine the safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of an inositol-stabilized arginine silicate dietary supplement in healthy adult males. FASEB J 2014.