Natural Accelerator™ contains cayenne, green tea, and cocoa seed extract to help boost metabolism and support thermogenesis without the jitters of harsh stimulants.
What is thermogenesis?
Thermogenesis is the generation of heat. It reflects the body’s energy metabolism and can be used as a measure of metabolic rate. Some substances create a thermogenic effect in the body by generating a temporary increase in metabolic rate after they are consumed. While many thermogenic substances are strong stimulants that might leave you with a jittery feeling, Natural Accelerator contains no stimulant ingredients. It’s formulated with plant-based ingredients and key nutrients to support metabolism and thermogenesis without the unpleasant effects of harsh stimulants.
What’s Inside: Natural Accelerator’s Key Ingredients
Natural Accelerator was formulated to offer a boost to your metabolism with a variety of natural ingredients including apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, and black pepper. Here are some of the other key ingredients that make Natural Accelerator unique:
- Niacin (as niacinamide)
Niacin is a B vitamin (B5) with an essential role in metabolism and converting food to energy (1). Niacin is provided in the form of niacinamide to avoid the potential for a harmless but mildly uncomfortable flushing sensation that some may experience when consuming niacin in its nicotinic acid form.
- Chromium (as chromium amino acid chelate)
Chromium is an essential trace mineral that aids in carbohydrate, protein, and fat metabolism. Among its other functions, chromium supports the normal action of insulin by assisting in the transport of sugar into cells where it can be used for energy (2, 3).
- Green Tea Extract (decaffeinated)
Green tea leaf extract contains botanical compounds, including epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which supports metabolism and can promote a thermogenic effect (4, 5).
- Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper contains capsinoids, which are the compounds that give chili peppers their fiery flavor and can help to support thermogenesis (7, 8).
Natural Accelerator in Your Isagenix System
Natural Accelerator is intended to boost metabolism and help support thermogenesis. It’s one component of the Isagenix Weight Wellness Solution, but you can use Natural Accelerator to help support your goals with any Isagenix system.
To include the benefits of Natural Accelerator in your nutritional program, consume one capsule, twice daily. It can be used on both Shake Days and Cleanse Days. Although you can use Natural Accelerator at any time, you may prefer to consume it with food on Shake Days or at the same time as Isagenix Snacks on Cleanse Days. Adding Natural Accelerator to your system can help to support your goals with a natural boost for your metabolism.
- Institute of Medicine. 1998. Dietary Reference Intakes for Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, and Choline. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/6015.
- Anderson RA, Cheng N, Bryden NA, Polansky MM, Cheng N, Chi J, Feng J. Elevated intakes of supplemental chromium improve glucose and insulin variables in individuals with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes. 1997 Nov;46(11):1786-91.
- Sharma S, Agrawal RP, Choudhary M, Jain S, Goyal S, Agarwal V. Beneficial effect of chromium supplementation on glucose, HbA1C and lipid variables in individuals with newly onset type-2 diabetes. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2011 Jul;25(3):149-53.
- Hursel R, Viechtbauer W, Westerterp-Plantenga MS. The effects of green tea on weight loss and weight maintenance: a meta-analysis. Int J Obes (Lond). 2009 Sep;33(9):956-61.
- Dulloo AG, Duret C, Rohrer D, Girardier L, Mensi N, Fathi M, Chantre P, Vandermander J. Efficacy of a green tea extract rich in catechin polyphenols and caffeine in increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation in humans. Am J Clin Nutr. 1999 Dec;70(6):1040-5.
- Ohnuki K, Niwa S, Maeda S, Inoue N, Yazawa S, Fushiki T. CH-19 sweet, a non-pungent cultivar of red pepper, increased body temperature and oxygen consumption in humans. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001 Sep;65(9):2033-6.
- Galgani JE, Ryan DH, Ravussin E. Effect of capsinoids on energy metabolism in human subjects. Br J Nutr. 2010 Jan;103(1):38-42.
- Yoneshiro et al. Nonpungent capsaicin analogs (capsinoids) increase energy expenditure through the activation of brown adipose tissue in humans. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012; 95:845-50.